Sunday, May 17, 2009

I like your car...

So, we were leaving walmart when it happened. I had put the newbie in
the back seat and was putting the groceries in the back of the car
when a group of teenagers walked up. There were three girls and a
guy,all between 16 and probably 18. As I grabbed the watermellon to
put it in the back the one that looked the youngest said, "I like your
car... And I like your baby.". A little odd but whatever. Then the
guy that was with them made the comment, "she's not a criminal or
anything."

I guess that that is one of the differences between now and when I was
younger. Even if I ever walked up to a complete stranger and
complimented their car and their baby, I don't think that I or any of
my friends (except one) would need to clarify that we were not
criminals.

I hear people say all the time that children are our future, judging
by the youth around here, that is a scary thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment